Worcestershire Charter for Inclusive Growth
Through the Worcestershire Local Enterprise Partnership, the private, public and voluntary sectors are committed to ensuring the county's workforce reflects all sections of society so that everyone can contribute to and benefit from Worcestershire's growing prosperity.
Inclusive Growth will help create the conditions for increased productivity and an attractive place for businesses to become more profitable and invest.
The benefits of Inclusive Growth will be the enhancement of a diverse talented workforce, greater wellbeing of residents, an increase in tax contribution, and a reduced demand on the public sector, allowing investment in prevention and services to support those most in need.
- Working with Training Providers, Voluntary Sector Organisations and Department of Work and Pensions, to create pathways into employment for socially and economically excluded people.
- Providing work experience placements for long term unemployed and those facing additional barriers to gaining employment.
- Demonstrating a flexible and creative approach to creation of job opportunities for job-seekers who experience additional barriers to getting a job.
- Providing mentoring and support to those entering into their employment for the first time or after a long period of not working, to ensure successful transition into employment.
- Creating apprenticeship opportunities within their workforce and supply chains.
- Business, Training Providers and the Voluntary Sector investing in developing 'employment skills' for unemployed to lay the foundation of a dedicated and committed work force.
To register your interest in signing up to the Worcestershire Charter for Inclusive Growth please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org